Tina L. Bachas Nursing Award
Massey Cancer Center is pleased to announce the annual Tina L. Bachas Oncology Nursing Research Awards to advance oncology-nursing research. Tina served as Massey's first director of oncology nursing and she and her husband have committed their support in honor of Dr. Walter Lawrence, Jr. who Tina worked with throughout her tenure at Massey.
- Evidence Based Grant Registered Nurses – Project funding up to $5,000
- Proposed PI should be a registered nurse with current license and hold a master's or doctoral degree or be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- This award is geared towards nurse managers and clinical nurses to conduct projects that lead to improvements in standard of care for cancer patients.
- General Cancer Focused Grant - Project funding up to $20,000
- Proposed PI should be a registered nurse with current license and hold a PhD or DNSc degree.
- The project will be suitable to lay groundwork needed for a competitive grant application to external peer reviewed funding organizations, such as the NIH.
Full Applications Due - September 4, 2018
Awarded - October 2018
RFA & Guidelines attached:
Interested researchers or for assistance accessing related program information, please contact: