Patient resource libraries
Our libraries provide free resources for patients and caregivers.
Massey staff and volunteers are dedicated to supporting your cancer journey. We will be happy to assist in person or by phone or e-mail. We can deliver materials to your room during a hospital stay, to the clinic where you may be receiving treatment or to your home, free of charge.
Both libraries offer:
- Pamphlets on a variety of cancer topics
- Research on any cancer topic, including clinical trial information, to help sort fact from fiction
- Information for patients and families focusing on end-of-life issues
- List of support groups in the Richmond area
- Wig Salon: Free, private consultation for head-wear and cosmetics, as well as free hats, scarves and wigs
Linen-Powell Patient Resource Library
VCU Massey Cancer Center on the MCV Campus
North Hospital lobby near the Dalton Clinic
Directions to Linen-Powell Patient Resource Library
Lois Trani Patient Resource Library
VCU Massey Cancer Center at Stony Point
2nd Floor, Room 202
Directions to Lois Trani Patient Resource Library
Other reliable sources of health information:
The Community Health Education Center (CHEC) is a public resource for patients, families and the general public to obtain information about health and medicine. Resources available include books, journals, videos and seven computers with Internet access. Assistance is provided by a health sciences librarian and trained volunteers. CHEC is located on the ground floor of the Gateway Building of the VCU Medical Center at 1200 East Marshall Street and is open 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, please call (804) VCU-CHEC (828-2432) or visit the CHEC Web site.