At VCU Massey Cancer Center, our patients are men, women and children who seek the best hope to live their lives to the fullest.
Massey's reputation for breakthrough discoveries, innovative treatment and compassionate patient care makes us a leader in the fight to conquer cancer. Every clinical trial we conduct, promising treatment we pursue and resource we provide stems from our primary mission to heal those with cancer.
For many patients, one of the most difficult aspects of facing cancer is feeling a loss of control. That's why we address the educational, emotional, spiritual and social service needs of our patients with the same dedication we give to treating their disease. We offer a number of patient support services, including:
- Cancer Research and Resource Centers of Southern Virginia
- Communication assistance, such as sign language and language translation
- Diet and Nutrition
- Healing garden
- Pharmacy services
- Rehabilitation services, including prosthetic devices
- Wig salon
Additional resources are available in relation to:
- Employment rights and workplace issues
- Integrative health and complementary therapies
- Legal and financial issues
- Coping with cancer and support groups
- Support groups
- Survivorship, such as diet and nutrition, exercise, genetic counseling and smoking cessation
- Patient Resource Library for information about cancer, treatment options, side effects, coping and community resources
Or search resources by cancer type.