Treatment for rhabdomyosarcoma
Specific treatment for rhabdomyosarcoma will be determined by your child’s physician based on:
- Your child’s age, overall health and medical history.
- Extent of the disease.
- Your child’s tolerance for specific medications, procedures or therapies.
- Expectations for the course of the disease.
- Your opinion or preference.
Treatment may include (alone or in combination) the following methods:
- Resection of tumor and/or metastases.
- Radiation therapy.
- Lumbar puncture – to administer medication and treat cancer cells if found in this site.
- Supportive care – for the side effects of treatment.
- Antibiotics – to prevent/treat infections.
- Bone marrow transplant.
- Continuous follow-up care – to manage disease and detect any recurrence of the tumor.