Signs and symptoms
What are the symptoms of hepatoblastoma?
The following are the most common symptoms of hepatoblastoma; however, each child may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may vary depending on the size of the tumor and the presence and location of metastases:
- A large abdominal mass, or swollen abdomen.
- Weight loss, decreased appetite.
- Abdominal pain.
- Jaundice – yellowing of the eyes and skin.
- Itching skin.
- Anemia – pale skin and lips from decreased number of red blood cells.
- Back pain from compression of the tumor.
The symptoms of hepatoblastoma may resemble other conditions or medical problems. Always consult your child’s physician for a diagnosis.