Cancer Research Retreat
Friday, June 16, 2017
8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Seminars: VCU Molecular Medicine Research Building, rooms 1009/1011
Poster Session: VCU McGlothlin Medical Education Center, floors 11 and 12
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Please join VCU Massey Cancer Center for its 2017 Cancer Research Retreat featuring Frank D. Pendleton Memorial Lectures by Jeffrey Engelman, M.D., Ph.D., vice president and head of global oncology research at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, and Robert A. Schnoll, Ph.D., associate professor of psychiatry at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania; presentations by Massey research members; and a poster session and awards for “Excellence in Cancer Research.”
To participate in the poster session:
- The 2017 Research Retreat Abstract Submission Form must be used to submit abstracts.
- Abstracts must be submitted by email to Lindsey Diamond at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 26, 2017.
- Abstracts must fit within the space on the abstract form when typed in size 10 font.
- Research will be presented in a poster format (4’ X 6’). Three posters will be selected on the day of the Retreat to receive “Excellence in Cancer Research” awards: $250 for first place, $200 for second place and $150 for third place.
- To be eligible for an award, the poster must be presented by a graduate student or postdoctoral fellow. The student or fellow should be listed as the first author on the poster and should have contributed substantially to the work presented. At the time of the abstract submission, please indicate if the poster will meet these criteria.