VCU Massey Cancer Center's Gynecologic Oncology Clinic is the only comprehensive diagnostic and treatment center for gynecologic cancers in the Richmond area. It is staffed by leading specialists from multiple disciplines who also conduct research that leads to improved treatments. We offer a full range of minimally invasive surgical treatments, including use of the da Vinci robotic surgical system. And we provide access to a number of clinical trials for gynecologic cancers.
At our Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, you will find all the specialists you need in one convenient location. They work closely together using the very latest methods for prevention, diagnosis and treatment to provide comprehensive care for our patients. The team consists of board-certified gynecologic oncologists who are uniquely trained to diagnose cancers, perform surgery, administer chemotherapy and radiation, and provide follow-up treatment. Services include:
- Multi-specialty consultation in one place at one time
- Rapid diagnosis and evaluation
- State-of-the-art treatment options, including robotic surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy
- Follow-up care after initial treatment
- Opportunity to enroll in clinical trials of new and promising treatments
- Application of other advanced technologies that are only available at major academic medical centers like the VCU Medical Center
- Patient resource libraries and nurse coordinators — to patients and families learn about a diagnosis and treatment
- The skills of rehabilitation medicine specialists, physical and occupational therapists and home health caregivers
We treat patients at the VCU Massey Cancer Center Dalton Oncology Clinic and Radiation Oncology Clinic, both of which are located at 1300 E. Marshall Street in Downtown Richmond. Free valet parking is available for your convenience.
We also treat patients at the VCU Stony Point Women’s Health Center.
Anyone can make an appointment at Massey. You can make one for yourself or for a family member, or your physician can make an appointment for you. Please call (804) 828-5116, or toll-free (877) 4-MASSEY or (877) 426-7739, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Any patient may come for any reason, including a new diagnosis, second opinions and concerns about being at high risk for certain female cancers. Complete consultation and referral services are available for physicians and patients. Since we are on the leading edge in diagnosis and treatment, you will know that you have explored the best available options — wherever you may decide to go for treatment.
How will the Gynecologic Oncology Clinic help me?
The doctors and nurses will examine you, evaluate the results of any previous tests you may have had and, if needed, recommend and expedite further diagnostic evaluations using the latest techniques. In many cases, results are available during your visit. If not, a physician or nurse will call you as soon as results are available and explain their meaning to you.
Will I be able to decide which treatment I will have?
Absolutely. If a treatment plan is necessary, all steps and options will be clearly explained to you. The doctors and nurses at the center will make sure you have all the information you need and help you make an informed decision.