Stereotactic radiotherapy and Image-Guided Treatment Center
VCU Medical Center's Image-Guided Treatment Center offers the world's most accurate and powerful treatment of cancerous and benign tumors. Our new and unique combination of technologies, 4-D image-guidance and robotic controls enable physicians to offer therapies that have never been available before with as much power and precision:
- The precision of brain surgery can now be applied to other parts of the body
- Many inoperable or difficult tumors are now treatable
- Recovery time is reduced considerably
- More healthy tissue is protected
- The chance of injury to important structures nearby is reduced
Our Image-Guided Treatment Center combines the radiation oncology expertise of VCU Massey Cancer Center with the neurosurgical expertise of VCU's Harold F. Young Neurosurgical Center, along with other experts throughout the Health System, and is one of the leading tumor treatment programs nationwide. Since 1992, we've treated thousands of patients with the most state-of-the-art technology available.