Clinical Research Affiliation Network
In striving to serve all Virginians, VCU Massey Cancer Center is expanding its clinical trial offerings statewide to provide more patients access to the latest, cutting-edge cancer therapies, medical devices or prevention methods obtained through clinical trials. In 2015, our integrated clinical trials network consisted of affiliate partnerships in Winchester, Lynchburg, Fredericksburg, Greater Richmond, Petersburg and South Hill. This network enables health systems and oncology medical practices throughout the Commonwealth to access Massey’s excellence in research and its expertise in developing and managing clinical trials.
VCU Massey Cancer Center is dedicated to extending the most advanced cancer treatments and innovative research to the people of Virginia. Through its network of affiliations with community hospitals and oncology practices, the Massey Cancer Center is accomplishing this goal.
- Our clinical research affiliates provide patients with access to research and clinical trials in the communities where they reside. Massey assists these practices with development and ongoing management of a quality clinical trials program, and provides access to innovative cancer trials initiated at Massey, the National Cancer Institute, and industry-sponsored research studies
- VCU Massey Cancer Center was awarded a $4.4 million, 5-year renewable grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) in 2014 to support the statewide research affiliation network. Through this grant, Massey is the academic, lead component of one of only 12 Minority/Underserved NCI Community Oncology Research Programs (NCORP-MU) in the country. Eight Virginia community hospitals and oncology practices, participated in the grant application. The goal of the NCORP-MU is to provide cancer patients in Virginia, particularly minority and underserved patients, access to prevention, early detection and treatment clinical trials as well as cancer care delivery research.
- Khalid Matin, M.D., F.A.C.P.
Medical director, community oncology and clinical research affiliations
Phone: (804) 628-2945
- Lauren Skrobacz
Administrative assistant to Dr. Matin
Phone: (804) 828-9654
- Cindy McKeown, R.N., B.S.N., M.P.A.
Director, Clinical Research Affiliation Network
Phone: (804) 628-1893
- Wanda Hunt
Affiliations Project Manager
- Network e-mail: MCRAFN@vcu.edu
Network fax: (804) 628-4691