Treatment for neuroblastoma
Specific treatment for neuroblastoma will be determined by your child’s physician based on:
- Your child’s age, overall health and medical history.
- Extent of the disease.
- Your child’s tolerance for specific medications, procedures or therapies.
- Expectations for the course of the disease.
- Your opinion or preference.
Treatment may include (alone or in combination) the following methods:
- Surgery – for tumor and/or metastatic resection, and removal of lymph nodes involved.
- Radiation therapy.
- Bone marrow transplant.
- Supportive care – for the side effects of treatment.
- Antibiotics – to prevent/treat infections.
- Continuous follow-up care – to determine response to treatment, recurrent disease and late effects of treatment.
Treatment options should be discussed with your child’s physician.